Planning a Visit
If you're planning a visit to the Navy DSRC, we would like to help make your visit go as smoothly as possible. Please review the following information before finalizing your travel plans.
- All security clearances should be submitted in advance of the visit to the NAVOCEANO
Security Office. Preferred method is JPAS.
Naval Oceanographic Office
1002 Balch Blvd.
Stennis Space Center, MS 39522-5001
JPAS SMO CODE: 623065
FAX: (228) 688-4881
PHONE: (228) 688-4161
- Non-U.S. Citizens are required to fill out the Foreign Visit Request SSC766 form. This provides for access to NASA's Stennis Space Center (where the DSRC is located). Please contact the DSRC for this form and allow for a 2 - 4 week approval period prior to visiting the Navy DSRC.
- All foreign representatives of a government should have a Foreign Visit Request submitted via the respective nation's embassy. That will provide access to the Navy DSRC and NAVOCEANO.
- Non-U.S. Citizens working for a contractor should provide the following information
on company letterhead signed by a manager, supervisor or company head to Navy DSRC
Security POC at fax number (228)688-4356:
- Social Security Number
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Citizenship Level of clearance (if any)
- Agency granting clearance
- Date/duration of visit
- Point of contact at NAVOCEANO
- Purpose of visit
- U.S. Citizens representing industry or academic institutions must contact their Navy DSRC point of contact at least 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Visitors WITH a CAC card can enter NASA's Stennis Space Center using either the South Gate or the North Gate. Show the guard your CAC card as you enter.
- Visitors WITHOUT a CAC card may enter NASA's Stennis Space Center using the either the South Gate or the North Gate. Visitors must stop at the Security Center next to the gate being entered. Visitor badges may be granted for multiple days, therefore checking in each day is not required.
- A valid form of ID is required to get a Stennis Space Center visitor badge.
- All visitors to the Navy DSRC are required to register at the main NAVOCEANO security desk in Building 1002. Any visitors with a CAC may enter NAVOCEANO, however, a visitor badge is still required. Those visitors not having a current security clearance on file at NAVOCEANO will be escorted at all times.
The Navy DSRC is located at NASA's Stennis Space Center. If you're driving to the DSRC, we have provided driving instructions to the DSRC from the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport and from the Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport.
Lodging, Dining, and Attractions
For information about lodging, dining, and other attractions in the area, the following links may be helpful:
- MS Gulf Coast Info: http://www.gulfcoast.org/
- MS Gulf Coast Lodging: http://www.gulfcoast.org/listings/index.cfm?catid=1
- Slidell Info: http://www.louisiananorthshore.com/
- Slidell Lodging: http://www.louisiananorthshore.com/cms/d/lodging.php
- New Orleans Info: http://www.nola.com
Security Contact Information
To check the status of your Navy DSRC Visit Request:
Navy DSRC: 228-688-7677
To check your status for entering NAVOCEANO and the Navy DSRC:
NAVOCEANO Security Specialist: 228-688-4161
To check your status for entering NASA Stennis Space Center:
NASA Stennis Space Center South Gate: 228-688-3580
NASA Stennis Space Center North Gate: 228-688-3781